The importance of having a Last Will and Testament is no longer a new thing in the public.
- executor is uncooperative;
- tussle among beneficiaries if distribution is not proportionate;
- which country to execute the last will and testament of deceased that involving overseas assets;
- whether every country can accept distribution of the immovable properties stated in the Last Will and testament of the Deceased that had been prepared and signed in Malaysia;
- land title deed of the deceased is missing or untraceable;
- not all assets of the deceased can be traced;
- executors do not willing to share the costs to execute the will of deceased;
- hefty cost incurred when inheritance involved beneficiary who is foreigner; or
- extra cost incurred once the deceased’s last will and testament has omitted some of his or her assets
More costs and lengthy court procedure will be involved if a last will and testament is not well drafted
Therefore an alternative could be doing an outright transfer instead of having a last will and testament.
An unorganised or non-constructive last will and testament could bring trouble instead of benefit the beneficiaries.
Three key points to think about prior making decision to prepare a last will and testament:-
2) Impact; and
Any question feel free to contact us0167889176 (William)
We are your Johor Bahru Lawyer